Hot Tub Installation
A Few Points to Assist in Spa Installation
Before purchasing a hot tub for your home or yard it is important to consider the installation requirements involved with these units. The installation process differs among different types of hot tubs and it is a very important factor to consider before making a purchase. Below you will find a list of things to consider before you install a hot tub in your home:
- Are you installing your hot tub indoors or outdoors? There are different requirements associated with each; mainly the amount of space you have available to install your hot tub. An outdoor hot tub will be easier to install because there is more area to work with and you won't have to worry about damaging existing hot tub pumps or wiring in your home, let alone ventilation.
- A 16 amp, 20 amp or 30 amp electrical supply is needed for installation, depending on the model. In order to determine which one your hot tub requires, you will have to contact the manufacturer to identify the electrical requirements of your specific model.
- You cannot install the electrical supply yourself; you will need to hire a registered electrician. This is as easy and as inexpensive as installing a water pond or fountain in your backyard.
- After you complete your initial installation, you will have to wait at least 12 hours after inserting the hot tub chemicals before you can use your hot tub. This shouldn't be a problem considering the water in the tub will take that long to heat up.
- Before you install your spa, you must make sure the location and the set up follow all local building codes and electrical codes. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in the removal of your hot tub until the proper changes are made.
We highly suggest having a licensed professional install your hot tub as opposed to installing it yourself. Not only will it take less time and effort, it will ensure the installation is performed correctly. Individuals who attempt to install these models themselves often run into trouble and end-up hiring a professional afterwards. Although it may cost a few more dollars, having a professional perform the installation is clearly the best choice in this type of situation.
Advertiser Links for Hot Tub